Monday, April 2, 2007

Why am I here, and Where am I going? When I set up my blog, "In the Shade of the Old Apple Tree," I was asked to include a random question. So I included this two-part question.

I think it is indicative of how you and I must feel, if or when we come to the place of grappling with the deep meaning and purpose of human life in this world, -- your life/my life/our lives.

It is clear that you and I had nothing to do with being here in the first place -- here in this world. But is there a purpose for your life and mine? Will it matter in 100 years that you and I have walked this way? Many years ago I sang a beautiful song, "I Shall Not Pass Again This Way!"

But there is another question tugging at the corners of our hearts. It is this -- Where am I going? Do you and I have a destination, -- a destination that is far higher and more significant than retirement, than travel, than golfing, or fishing, or hiking, or mountain climbing, or....? When this life is done, where will you and I be?

There is One Who said long ago, "I go to prepare a place for you; and if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you unto Myself, that where I am, there you may be also!" What a marvelous thought! What a wonderful Person Who made this statement, as He expressed tremendous worth in you and me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Junior, You are very good with your writings and poetry. It seems to flow so eaisly for you. Great work. Ah, yes, life! My #1 question sometimes. This made me feel better. Cousin Dorothy