Sunday, April 8, 2007

My Inaugural Poem for this Blog

Inaugural Poem

In the shade of the old apple tree,
I’ll post to my blog, and you’ll see
A picture or two,
With words not a few,
A poem, a story – and it’s free!

Its here I can sit, unafraid
That work now my rest will invade;
Enjoying sweet leisure
I count up my treasure --
My wife, sons and daughters, on parade!

Today there are marvels like blogs
That pierce and dissipate our fogs,
Not easy to learn,
We study to discern,
So this site will not go to the dogs!

Our children are five boys and girls,
Grown now – no short pants or curls;
A family for each,
Each spouse is a peach,
More valuable than diamonds or pearls!

I once found the love of my life
In college, and she now is my wife;
For many a year,
In a love that’s sincere,
We’ve walked on our way without strife!

Our love for our family is keen,
We pray they live lives that are clean,
Wholly given to God,
And praising the Lord,
In a Christ-honoring daily routine!

-- Poet Les

No comments: