Sunday, April 22, 2007

"Luck" or God's Blessing?

Thirteen Grandchildren!
LUCKY?
...No!

No, we lon’t live by “luck” or seek for “luck” in our lives, but instead look for the blessing of the Lord. We pray, and seek Him, for His direction and His blessings (benefits/gifts/provisions) from day to day, in our earthly pilgrimage!

What a privilege it is, as the wisest man (Solomon) wrote, to “Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not unto your own understanding.” (Prov. 3:5).

And with regard to children and grandchildren (with thirteen now), -- we think of what the old Psalmist wrote, “Children are a heritage from the Lord…happy is the man who has his quiver full of them!” (Psa. 127:3-5)

And now that I (Poet Les) am a Grandfather for the 13th time, with the birth of Baby Jed, I think of what the wisest man (Solomon) wrote, “Children’s children are the crown of old men….” (Prov. 17:6) Awesome, eh? And we even have one great-grandson now. Imagine that – (for folks as young as we are)!

POEM FOR A NEW GRANDSON

Welcome dear Jed, Grandson to me,
A treasure you are, I surely can see;
So recently born, just a few weeks old,
For sore eyes you’re surely a sight to behold!

Someday I’ll see you, -- just now I must wait,
Daily you’ll grow ‘til you walk a fast gait;
Hard to imagine that day coming now,
But little by little you’ll gain skills, and how!

Today it’s my wish I could hold you in arms,
Talk to you softly, raise no alarms;
I’d say to you, Jed, now, Grandson so bright,
We waited for you patiently, now you see the light!

If down through the years that for you lie ahead,
You avoid what is foolish, love wisdom instead;
‘Twill be a great life, a life God can bless,
Encouragement to others, free from distress!

w/love to Jed, from GrandPapa (Poet Les)

No comments: