Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Saga Continues!

Whistletypuff!


CHAPTER V

As Ticklish Tommy wondered, and all these perplexing questions came to his mind, he began to form a plan for finding out what a Whistletypuff is. He really, REALLY wanted to know. And as he thought about it, this plan began to take shape in his enquiring young mind.

"I know what I'll do," thought Ticklish Tommy. "I'll ask Neighbor Sing-along Smith. HE knows a WHOLE LOT, -- in fact, just about E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G!"

Now in Ticklish Tommy Jones’s young life, he had asked Neighbor Sing-along Smith many, many perplexing questions. And he always seemed to get a good answer, too, a very good answer, indeed! So he had come to have an appreciation for the wisdom possessed by this accommodating neighbor!

But when Ticklish Tommy saw his esteemed neighbor, and asked him, "Neighbor Sing-along Smith, would you tell me, something, -- WHAT is a Whistletypuff? Please??!?!”

But Neighbor Sing-along Smith just shook his head sadly. "Tommy, I don't want to disappoint you. But I'm afraid that in all my born days, I've never even HEARD of a Whistletypuff!" Ticklish Tommy’s heart sank. He was disappointed, so-o-o-o very disappointed that he almost started to cry!

Ticklish Tommy had thought that Neighbor Sing-along Smith could tell him what he wanted to know. But now he had to think of another way! No doubt about it -- He HAD to find out what this marvelous Whistletypuff was!

Then he tried to think of some other neighbor who might help him: Neighbor Marvelous Martin, perhaps? Or could the help he needed come from Neighbor Prosperous Paul, or…or, whom? Neighbor Sharp-as-a-Tack Sawyer? Or even Neighbor Walking-Wide Williams…?

No comments: