Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Art Promises to Read....

Hello PapaPops,

Now I’m beginning to make some of the connections that various parts of the Bible must have with each other. I’m thinking especially of the connection you referenced of Jonah with Jesus’ Gospel teachings. Perhaps in time I’ll get some more insights.

I do remember singing that hymn “Christ Arose,” from years ago when I went to Easter Church services with my wife. She has been much more of a Church-goer over the years than I have, you know. I admit now that it’s rather sad that we men should leave so much of the “church work” to our wives. Actually, it should be equally as important to us men as to our wives and children, don’t you think? I wonder why we neglect that part of our lives….

I’m planning to take your advice and read that fifteenth chapter of the Bible book of 1 Corinthians. From what you say, that makes the resurrection of Jesus Christ of supreme importance, and I want to see for myself what it says.

Aren’t there some other possible explanations, though, such as one I think I’ve heard that he didn’t really die, but seemed to be pretty near dead, and that he revived later in the cold, damp tomb? Does that explanation hold any water, as the saying goes?

Well, PapaPops, that’s about it for me for now. “See” you again soon!
-- with my best wishes, -- Art

No comments: