Thursday, October 4, 2007

TO A MORNING GLORY

A beautiful blue bloom now lifts its head high,
Draws my attention, tilts toward the sky;
So fragile it lasts but one day at a time --
So strong is its draw that it gains its own rhyme!

A glorious morning more marvelous is made
By the rarest blue tints in a burgeoning arcade;
Stepping out my door, what greets my stunned eyes
But a splendid array, as I welcome sunrise?

Array of blue bells that make not a sound,
Vines climbing heavenward on a trellis now crowned
With blazes of azure, that daze the clear mind,
On strands of a trellis, visibly entwined!

Each morning anew I look for the Glory,
Silent in praise, yet telling a story;
A refrain that now warms my heart and my soul,
The Creator of such beauty I surely extol!

-- Poet Les (10-03-07

No comments: