Thursday, June 28, 2007

Beauty and Anticipation -- A Story of Summer

THE DOER

Today I’m feeling tired, but
There’s much, so-o-o much to do…
Some things I must, some things I ought,
And some I want to do!

To mow the lawn, or water beds
Of flowers now getting dry…
To hoe tomatoes, peppers, too,
Or give composting a try?

The beauty outside this time of year,
Is rejuvenating, though;
The sun is high, and summer’s breeze
Just now begins to blow.

Forget you’re tired! I seem to hear --
Get up, and go, and do
Those things you must, or ought, or want, --
Your spirit thus renew!

-- Poet Les (6-19-2007)

2 comments:

EJ said...

AWESOME poem, Papa! I hope you do not work too hard - you need rest, too. Love, LittLEstah

Unknown said...

i enjoyed this ... sounds like something we all go through, eh?